Established in 2002, RETAS (Refugee Education Training Advice Service) has a vision to see all refugees, asylum seekers and other vulnerable migrants to feel welcome and supported to fully integrate into society. We provide assistance with access to education, re-qualification, training and employment to help them better integrate in their communities. We strive to build confidence and hope in their clients, and empower them to build a safe and secure life here in the UK.
Our Vision, Mission & Values
To achieve this we offer specialist employment, integration and advocacy services to refugees and asylum seekers which include:
- An initial ‘Welcome to Leeds’ orientation service
- Our 28 Day Transition Project to enable asylum seekers who have very recently been granted refugee status to transition successfully from living as asylum seekers in HO accommodation, to living independently in alternative accommodation and integrating successfully into local communities
- New Roots Project for move-on and crisis support
- An 8 weeks Steps to Settlement taught programme
- ESOL classes
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System)
- 1 to 1 information, advice and guidance to support with accessing education and employment opportunities
- Employability workshops including: managing basic skills to university applications; volunteering and work placements.